11.9.09

APRILIA RAM1000 CONCEPT


Vehicle: Aprilia RAM1000
Category: Prototype
Website: http://www.naulapaa.com/

Designer: Heikki Naulapää
The RAM1000 motorcycle concept was created during autumn 2001. Basic concept was 1000cc, half-naked streetfighter for urban environment with massive power and aggressive riding position. The designer chose it to be an Aprilia.
Besides sketching, the tool used in the project were Rhinoceros 3D and 3DSmax. Rapid prototype was made in 1:6 scale.

Specifications:
motor: 60 degree V5
displacement: 998cc
exhaust: single aluminum muffler
frame: aluminum box structure
wheelbase: 1407
steering: hydraulic
front brake: 2×320mm floating discs
rear brake: 235mm floating disc
front tyre: Metzeler 130/70
rear tyre: Metzeler 200/50
seat height: 760mm
Heikki Naulapää: “This project was my one of the most difficult tasks while studying in Lahti; to design complete motorbike without hardly any experience from 3D modeling. When starting this project, I hadn’t got any experience of designing vehicles either, which made the task pretty challenging.
Design and modeling I did by myself (and I swet a lot), but rendering was done by my flat mate and current CG -artist Heikki Anttila.
Last couple of pictures are taken from the rapid prototype -model, which was made from my data to the scale 1:9. It was real Christmas time when I saw the bike first time in “flesh” after endless hours of 3D modeling!”

No hay comentarios: